Error modificating the DSV, of duplication name

Feb 12, 2009 at 7:56 PM
Hi,

The view its created correctly but,
The application is giving me an error when is trying to create the new dimension in the the dsv, i'm using the adventureworksDW database.

Its giving me an error of duplication name. It says "the relaltionship "FK_DimEmployee_FactResellerSales", already exist in the actual dataset....I suppose the it is referring the
actual relation between the PC Employee dim , with the fact Table..,

Any ideas what is happening? What i need to do?

Thks
Carlos
Jun 12, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Hi Carlos,

I got the same problem and only got round it by deleting the FK from the database.

It seems inelegant, did anyone find a better work around?

Sean

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Hi Sean and Carlos,

I intend to have a look at this, but have had an extremely busy week this week. I know I made a chance in one of the last change sets that caused this, trying to fix another problem. There is something fundamentally wrong with how it is doing what it is doing at this point of failure, but it will take some figuring out for me to be sure. I wrote it quite a while back!

You can walk through the source code to see where it fails, and if you have any fix for it, please let me know. Otherwise I will try to have a look this weekend and hopefully can figure out a long term solution that fixes this completely.

Thank you for testing it out and providing your feedback to point out this problem so I can fix it!

Jon

Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 10:11 AM
To: Jon Burchel
Subject: Re: Error modificating the DSV, of duplication name [PCDimNaturalize:46988]

Hi Carlos,

I got the same problem and only got round it by deleting the FK from the database.

It seems inelegant, did anyone find a better work around?

Sean

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (PCDimNaturalize@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email PCDimNaturalize@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com