PCDimNaturalize Crashes while opening

Sep 27, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Hi

I downloaded the latest version of the PCDimNaturalize , Unzipped the zip file , got following error when tried to run

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: pcdimnaturalizer.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0

Problem Signature 03: 4980ed30

Problem Signature 04: PCDimNaturalizer

Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 4980ed30

Problem Signature 07: f

Problem Signature 08: 5e4

Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.272.7

Locale ID: 6153

Can you please help ?

Thanks in Advance

Dave

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2010 at 6:26 AM

Hi Dave,

You may not have the necessary client components. I believe it is using the AS 9.0 OLE DB provider and AMO provider. Have you installed the AMO provider? It is available with the 2005 feature pack. The reference in the source code to Microsoft.Analysis Services uses a reference to the 2005 AMO assembly. You need to ensure this is available on the system, and then may need to manually remove and re-add the reference from the References in the source code to rebuild it. If you don’t have the old 2005 version installed, you may need to point to the manually installable version from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=536fd7d5-013f-49bc-9fc7-77dede4bb075&displaylang=en

Then you can remove the existing bad Microsoft.AnalysisServices assembly reference from the project and add a reference to the version you will likely find in C:\Program Files (X86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Publishing\1.4\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.dll.

You’ll have to download the source code and build it in Visual Studio to do this, but it should be pretty straight forward once you have the source. Let me know if any problems with it, I’ll help you get it working. J

Jon

Sep 28, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Thank you Jon for your quick response , will reach out to you if it doesn't work for me

Thanks Once Again

Dave

Sep 28, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Jon

Just realized that the Server has only SQL Server 2008 installed  , do not have any components of SQL Server 2005  as these are new servers

Any suggestions for best approach to get the PCDIMNaturalize working ?

Thanks for your help

Dave

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Yes, you will need to install the 2005 AMO components from the link I sent before, and reference them in the project. There were some slight changes in 2008 AMO so I have not modified the project – it will still work with 2008 or R2, but just needs the 2005 AMO components to run. J

Jon

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:41 PM
Edited Sep 28, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Thanks Jon , Appreciate your help

Sep 30, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Hi Jon

How you doing ? I am still waiting to get full suite of Visual Studio installed on client Site to edit Project , thought will try out PCDimNaturlize on Adventureworks 2008 R2 SE.

I got following error while naturalizing the "Employee" .

Can you please help?

Error during: [Adding naturalized view to DSV...]
System.Data.DuplicateNameException: A Relation named 'FK_FactResellerSales_DimEmployee' already belongs to this DataSet.
   at System.Data.DataRelationCollection.RegisterName(String name)
   at System.Data.DataRelationCollection.DataSetRelationCollection.AddCore(DataRelation relation)
   at System.Data.DataRelationCollection.Add(DataRelation relation)
   at PCDimNaturalizer.ASPCDimNaturalizer.CreateRelationshipsForNamedQueryInDSV()
   at PCDimNaturalizer.ASPCDimNaturalizer.AddNaturalizedViewToDSV()
   at PCDimNaturalizer.ASPCDimNaturalizer.Naturalize(Object MinLevels) 

FYI - DimNaurlized_DimEmployee view is created on Relational Database on AdventureWorks DW 2008

Thanks for your help in advance

Regards

Dave

Oct 1, 2010 at 6:32 AM

Hi Jon

Finally I was able to run it on intended cube now getting following error

Error during: [Creating naturalized view for dimension...]
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The column 'Risk_KeyColumn' was specified multiple times for 'PCStructure'.
   at PCDimNaturalizer.ASPCDimNaturalizer.CreateNaturalizedView()

Also geting exactly similar error while running on other PC Dimension

Can you please help?

Appreciate your support

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Dave

Coordinator
Oct 1, 2010 at 6:37 AM

Hi Dave,

Sorry, this same problem seems to have come up over and over. I need to fix it once and for all, seems the most major issue outstanding in the project.

Would it be possible to send me your AS database XMLA script, and the SQL table? You can export the XMLA script by right clicking on the database in Management Studio and choosing Script as | CREATE to | File… To send the SQL table, you can just send a backup of the whole SQL database, or if that isn’t possible, maybe just the SQL CREATE script for the table that I can use to populate with dummy data.

If you need I can give you a secure upload share we can use to transfer the files, or you can email me directly at jburchel at Microsoft dot com.

Thank you!

Jon

Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 12:32 AM
To: Jon Burchel
Subject: Re: PCDimNaturalize Crashes while opening [PCDimNaturalize:228754]

Hi Jon

Finally I was able to run it on intended cube now getting following error

Error during: [Creating naturalized view for dimension...]
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The column 'Risk_KeyColumn' was specified multiple times for 'PCStructure'.
at PCDimNaturalizer.ASPCDimNaturalizer.CreateNaturalizedView()

Also geting exactly similar error while running on other PC Dimension

Can you please help?

Appreciate your support

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Dave

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (PCDimNaturalize@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email PCDimNaturalize@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com